Call for papers, Special issue: Mineral deposits of Latin America and the Caribbean
The "Boletín de la Sociedad Geológica Mexicana" is intending to publish a special issue on Mineral Deposits of Latin America and the Caribbean (BSGM, http://boletinsgm.igeolcu.unam.mx/bsgm/). The BSGM is a completely free access semi-annual journal, the oldest strictly peer-reviewed journal on Earth Sciences in Mexico and one of the oldest in Latin America, and is included in the Web of Science, Journal Citation Reports, SciELO, Scopus, and in many other instruments.
There is no restriction on any type of deposits or type of studies, and all contributions related to the formation of mineral deposits in Latin America, the Caribbean or conterminous regions are most welcome, from the regional to the mineral-association scales of observation and analysis. Both original research papers and original thematic reviews are welcome as either full-length papers or short notes. Both Industry and Academia authors are encouraged to submit their contributions.
Contributions focused on mineral deposits from Mexico, Cuba, Peru, Bolivia, Colombia, Venezuela and the Dominican Republic are so far lined up!
The guest editors to this special issue are
• Joaquín A. Proenza (Universitat de Barcelona),
• Lisard Torró (Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú), and
• Carl E. Nelson (Recursos del Caribe S.A.)
All inquiries associated with this special issue or the journal itself must be addressed to the Editor-in-Chief of the BSGM (Antoni Camprubí, email@example.com).
Contributions can be written in either English or Spanish, and must adhere to our instructions to authors (http://boletinsgm.igeolcu.unam.mx/bsgm/index.php/instrucciones-instructions). There are no restrictions with regard to number of pages, number of figures or tables (other than those determined by our valued scientific reviewers and provided that they are meaningful additions), and we do not charge for coloured figures or for any other matter.
• November 3, 2018: deadline for submittal of tentative title, author list and synopsis.
• May 31, 2019: deadline for submittal of original manuscripts
• August 31, 2019: deadline for all revisions by peers of submitted manuscripts.
• October 31, 2019: deadline for submittal of revised manuscripts.
• April 30, 2020: deadline for online publication of all accepted contributions.